Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Raw Corn Tortilla-Finally something I could sink my teeth into!

After many attempts of trying to make a raw bread and failing miserably, I decided to give wraps a go.  The first recipe I tried was taken off a website.  Which one?  Can't even remember.  The wraps were okay, but not to my liking.

Well, this past weekend I picked up some great corn from a local organic farm. Way to much to eat, I decided to take a few cobs and try my hand at making wraps again.  This time, I decided to just let the recipe unfold with my gut feelings as to what to add.  Corn being the main ingredient, I added a slew of other things in my vitamix and blended away.  Taste testing along the way to make sure that the un-dehydrated product was yummy so that the final product will be the same!

It didn't take long before the raw tortillas were placed in the dehydrator!  Hours later, the final product looked as good as the raw tortillas I picked up at the local health food store, at a fraction of the cost!

Yuppie, finally I raw corn tortilla I could sink my teeth into!  And delicious too!

A great lunch after a morning of yoga.

Namaste!

No comments:

Post a Comment