Thursday, September 27, 2012

How About a Nice Tall Glass of Pumpkin Pie!

After my morning walk I was really craving something that says fall for me!  With all the stores decked out in fall colours and pumpkins I have been craving pumpkin pie for the past few days!

On my way home I dropped by the local grocery store and picked up a pie pumpkin to experiment with.  No better way to develop a new recipe or maybe two but to simply have fun in the kitchen.

A little thought, some exploring in my cupboards, using my trusty vitamix (high speed blender) I whipped up a green smoothie that hit the spot and satisfied my craving for one of my most favourite pies!

Here it is for you to enjoy too!

Pumpkin Pie in a Glass

2 handfuls of spinach
1 cup vanilla almond milk
1 tbsp shelled hemp hearts
1 tbsp raw pepitas
1/4-1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice blend (if you don't have it then add nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves to taste)
2 medium medjool dates
1/4 cup raw pie pumpkin (softened but not cooked in warm water for 20 minutes)

Blend till smooth and enjoy!

Yummm,  I think I'll have to make another one for my afternoon treat!


Pumpkin Pie Green Smoothie

No comments:

Post a Comment