Friday, May 4, 2012

What the heck should I have for lunch?

Here is my dilemma, It's the raw food yogini's "Totally Raw Friday",  It's time for lunch,  I'm not home, I'm hungry, won't be home for hours, and need to have something to quiet down the rumblings in my tummy.

Easy right?  Just have a nice organic banana and that will surely quiet down those rumblings.  Great, but what if I want something more than a regular old banana and besides my smoothie this morning had a banana in it already.

Here are some choices that I need to make:

Hold off till you get home?
You kidding me?  No way, no how, and besides my blood glucose levels will drop to a point where I feel faint.

Have a salad?
Ah, no!  I got to think of something more creative than that.  Besides I may need to have a couple to hit the spot.

Eat Thai cold spring rolls?
That is a possibility but I do know that the peanut sauce that comes with them is not raw.  Don't think the rice wrapper is either.  Saw a program where they cooked the rice first then processed it to make it a smooth consistency.

Juice it?
Yup that is a possibility. I'm sure I can find a juice bar that will prepare something for me.

Be creative!

Explore the grocery store and come up with a meal?
Okay we are getting somewhere now.  I could easily put something together using pre washed romain lettuce leaves as wrappers, but what to put in the wrapper?

Yup, you are right, I deserve it.  I should have planned a bit better and prepared something to go!  But the girl needs a break every so often, no?

Okay I like the last idea!  I'm off to make myself a lettuce wrap and fill it with everything raw.

I'll let you know what I put in it a bit later.

Have a Totally Raw Friday everyone!











No comments:

Post a Comment