Friday, April 20, 2012

Love My Totally Raw Fridays

Throughout the week I eat approximately 80% raw foods because of my crazy schedule.  I'm hear and there and often when I get home I need to prepare food quickly and being the only raw foodie in my house it sometimes means I have to prepare two meals.  Usually my diner includes some cooked food and that is perfectly okay.

Since Fridays are a time for me to unwind and get chores done and play in my raw food kitchen, I have decided that I will be dedicating this day to staying 100% raw.  After all I have no excuse of a busy schedule because it really is the only day of the week that I have have off and can dedicate totally to myself and my well being.

So this morning I headed into the kitchen, opened the refrigerator and said hmmm.  What shall I make today.

This is what I love about raw food.  As long as you have a few staples handy (vegetables, fruits, nuts, good fats, olive oil, coconut oil, and fresh or frozen herbs) you can whip something together easily.

Today we will be serving the following in my raw food kitchen.

B: Mango Tango Smoothie

L: Home made raw vegetable crisps topped with avocado, tomato, sprouts and drizzled with olive oil and a splash of balsamic (yes, I know balsamic vinegar is not totally raw...I got over that one very quickly! LOL)

Today's Lunch


D: Raw mushroom burger with a large green salad loaded with my favourite veggies!



Mango Tango Smoothie:


In a high speed blender add the following:

1/2 medium ripe mango
1/2 medium banana
1 tsp maca powder
1 tsp green vibrance or greens of your choice
1 tsp coconut butter
1.5 cups vanilla almond milk

Blend and enjoy!



Want some help adding more raw food to your diet?  Contact me at rawfoodyogini@dragonflyyoga.ca!


No comments:

Post a Comment