Friday, April 27, 2012

Take me to the Islands-Pineapple Delight Breakfast Smoothie

We have been having a flashback to winter this past week here in southern Ontario and I just wanted something that would transport me to a warm tropical island somewhere.  There is nothing more tropical to me than coconut and pineapple.  My favourite drink is a pine colada...great as an evening cocktail but not a good thing for breakfast.  ;0)

Just my luck...I had the two main ingredients on hand so I came up with this smoothie for yesterdays breakfast.

Pineapple Delight Breakfast Smoothie

1 cup ripe sweet pineapple
1/2 banana
1 tablespoon coconut butter (can use coconut oil if you don't have coconut butter on hand)
handful of spinach
1 cup vanilla soy milk
1 tsp maca (for that added energy boost)
1 scoop of vibrant greens
ice cubes (3-4)

Place all ingredients into a high speed blender and whirl away until smooth!

Enjoy

Totally RAW Friday Menu:
Raw Food Yogini's Raw Cinnamon Buckwheat Granola with soy milk
Mediterranean Kale Salad
Raw spinach and mushroom pie with a side salad of mixed field greens

Want to add more raw to your diet and having trouble staying motivated?  Want some support? Contact me at rawfoodyogini@dragonflyyoga.ca and let's do this together.  

No comments:

Post a Comment