Friday, December 14, 2012

Fresh Pomegranate Juice ~ Just Can't Get Enough!

As the title states, I just can't seem to get enough pomegranates.  I love juicing them and add a little of that ruby juice to my smoothies.

I came up with this little plan.  I'm trying to take advantage of the fact that I can find this fruit readily  everywhere right now. So every week I have been buying a few, juicing them and then freezing the juice into cubes.

Then whenever I feel like having some, I can pop of few cubes out of the freezer and add the juice to my desserts, dressings or smoothies.

Pomegranate goes well well with ginger so this morning's smoothie consisted of:

1 handful of deveined kale
1 heaping teaspoon hemp hearts
2 Pomegranate cubes, approximately 1/4 cup juice
1/2 inch fresh ginger root
1 1/2 cups filtered water
12 raw almonds

So delicious and hits the spot!

Fresh Pomegranate Juice
Ready for Freezing



No comments:

Post a Comment