Saturday, December 15, 2012

I Can See You More Clearly...Seriously

Anybody that knows me personally knows that I've worn glasses for driving since I was 16.  About six months ago I started to notice that things were not right when I put on my glasses.  Since it was summer at the time I thought it was because I was squinting.  Shortly after that I just put on sunglasses and found that I could see better without glasses than with.

I was questioning why was this happening. My eyes were getting worse and worse each visit I made to the optometrist.  How could this be that I can now see better without my glasses.  I kept telling my husband that something weird was going on.

I posted on FB a few months ago that I ran into my optometrist in the hair salon and we were talking about my raw food diet, blog, and workshops.  I just happened to mention that I had noticed a big change in my eye sight over the past few months.  Her response at the time was of course of concern and I should set up an appointment, which I already had.  She then proceeded to say that rich levels of lutein found in green leafy vegetables, like kale and spinach, help prevent macular degeneration. Omega 3's  in hemp hearts, flax seeds, and chia are very beneficial as well.

Well, to make a long story short, my findings were correct.  I could not believe it, when my optometrist told me I could leave my distance glasses behind. I still require a mild prescription to read, but am so thrilled not to have to wear them while driving or playing tennis or even hiking!

Doing some research today, I have discovered that there have been many posts of others who have found the same thing.

RAWsome!




No comments:

Post a Comment