Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Witnessing the Potential Energy Within!

A few days ago I soaked a combination of radish, alfalfa, red clover and canola seeds to compliment my raw sandwiches using  a savoury raw bread recipe that I'm developing.  Well the bread was ready 24 hours later but the sprouts were not.

Unlike the buckwheat groats and soft wheat berries that sprout quite quickly (can see their little tails within 24 hours) these seeds took a bit longer.

This morning I was so excited to see that the seeds had little tails...very little!  Much to my surprise when I looked at them again just 6 hours later to find that they took off like a shot.  Some seeds having tails as long as 1 cm long.  I can only imagine what they will look like tomorrow!

I love how wowed I am by the potential energy that lies within seeds and within all of us!



As for the savoury raw bread...It turned out great and I'm testing a batch to see how well it freezes.  If it's anything like my Raw Carrot Cake Snack Bars, it will be just fine!  

No comments:

Post a Comment