Sunday, October 21, 2012

Why Did I Wait This Long?

Ever since I started eating raw I have always purchased my almond milk due to the lack of owning a nut milk bag and I guess time too.

I have looked for nut milk bags at our local health food store before with no success and the only place I've seen them is at other whole foods stores that are not so local. So unless I was going in that direction.....

On Friday, during my weekly shop, I looked again but could not find them on the shelves.  While checking out I asked the cashier if she knew if they had any.  She said are you looking for these as she walked over to a table and area of the store that I don't always go to and picked up a bag.  YES!

I purchased two one for making nut milks and the other perhaps for sprouting very small seeds.  Love my small sprouter but when it comes to small tiny seeds they just go right through the strainer.  I've read that they are great for sprouting as well.

I soaked my nuts over night...I just had to say that ☺ and this morning I'm going to be making my first homemade batch of almond milk. To peal or not to peal that is the question...I'm going with not peeling the almonds to gain the most flavour.

Raw Almond Milk
1 cup almonds soaked overnight
3 cups filtered water
1 medjool date for a touch of sweetness (optional)

Place all ingredients into a high speed blender, blend, strain through a nut milk bag and enjoy.







OH my what a difference....Don't know why I waited so long to make my own!






No comments:

Post a Comment