Saturday, February 2, 2013

Day 2 of 28 Days of Raw & Green Smoothie Challenge

It really did make my heart sing each time I checked my FB page yesterday.  I have some great people who have taken the green smoothie challenge on.  BRAVO to each of you!!!

Some great recipes too!  If you want to check them out click on the following link and visit the page.  Like it and come on board the challenge.  I would like to see you there posting your green smoothie creations.  www.facebook.com/RawFoodYogini

So here I am on day two of my 28 Days of Raw.  I have to admit that already this time around I'm finding that it is just that much easier to wrap my head around eating 100% raw.  I know its' only day two and things may change but already I feel quite different than last February when I took this challenge on for the first time.

Speaking of wrapping.  Yesterday, being Friday, you know, the day I spend in my kitchen experimenting.  I made myself a batch of vegetable wraps.  No recipe, just playing around with what I had available.  I'm looking forward to enjoying one today at lunch and will let you know how they turned out.

I also made myself a couple of sun burgers. I enjoyed one yesterday for diner wrapped in romaine lettuce, topped spicy macadamia nut mayo, tomato and avocado slices.  Delish!

If you want to give them a try here is the recipe for you. No real measurements though, so improvise if need be.

Sun Burgers
1/2 medium carrot
1/2 small onion
1/2 celery stalk
about 1/3 cup
about 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
2 tablespoons tamari

Add all ingredients into your food processor and blend until ingredients come together well.  Form into two patties and dehydrate at 115% for 3 hours.  Turning patties half way through.

Enjoy your weekend everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment