Thursday, February 21, 2013

Day 21 of 28 Days of Raw & Green Smoothie Challenge

I really can't believe that it is day 21 already.

It's been such a fun and liberating journey so far.

My post on Day 16 talked about a bit about what I have been discovering this time around on my 100% raw journey.  How it was of importance to keep things simple and allow my body to lead me in what it needed rather than trying to mentally figure it out and make elaborate meal plans.  Meals have literally taken me minutes to make.  Nothing complicated throughout the last 20 days.  I think my most complicated meal was Chinese dumplings and wild mushroom calamari (I'll share the recipe with you below), and they too where not complicated to make.

Yesterday for the first time in 20 days my body craved something hot and comforting, so I listened.

Sometimes, we just need to do what we need to do.  No reason to beat ourselves up, just acknowledge what has happened, and move on!  What's that quote? "Be Calm, and Carry On", and that is exactly what I did.

Here is that Wild Mushroom Calamari recipe for you to enjoy.

Wild Mushroom Calamari

Calamari:
1 cups dried wild mushrooms
Soak to rehydrate for an hour or so, drained and squeezed to remove any additional water

Bread Crumbs:
1/2 cup golden flax
1/4 cup chia seeds
1/8 cup psyllium husk

Place all ingredients into your spice mill and grind to a bread crumb like consistency.

Use a portion of your bread crumbs that is suitable for the amount of wild mushrooms that you will be making and season with the following spices to your liking:

Cayenne pepper
Black pepper
Italian Seasoning mix
Salt

Toss and coat your wild mushrooms and place in the dehydrator at 140 degrees for 10 minutes, then at 110 degrees for another 20 minutes or until crispy.

Marinara Dipping Sauce
Add the following ingredients into your food processor or blender
2 Plum tomatoes
4 Sun dried tomatoes
Fresh Basil
1 clove of garlic
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
salt to taste

Blend or process until smooth and serve with on the side with your calamari.

Makes a great appetizer or can be served as a main dish along with a bowl of zucchini spaghetti.  Top the spaghetti with the marinara sauce and half the calamari.

Wild Mushroom Calamari



Looking for green smoothie recipes or ideas? Click on the following link and check out what I and others who are on the green smoothie challenge have been making for the last 20 days.
www.facebook.com/RawFoodYogini







No comments:

Post a Comment