Tuesday, June 12, 2012

New Ideas from the Raw Festival

As always I'm always looking for ideas and inspiration to make something new so last weekend I went to the Rawfood festival to see what are other people are preparing and eating these days.

There was the usual vendors there, displaying and selling most of the same products that you can pick up at your local health food store, but then there was a vendor of raw bread.  I had to stop and give it a try because this bread was a loaf not the usual flat breads that I have seen in the market.  I can't tell you how great this bread tasted.  So of course I picked up a couple of loaves, sliced and froze one and the other is slowly being enjoyed with various different toppings.

Being me, I just had to make my own version.  Over the last couple of days I sprouted wheat kernels and last night I made my first loaf.  I did some reading on line and they mention that the bread can go sour if not dehydrated properly so this morning I'm really anxious to give it a try.  It's still a little soft, the bread should have a hard crust (just like the baked version) but the inside remains moist.  I have never tasted anything like it before, and it really is good, so I really can't wait to taste my version.


Next Local Raw Festivals:
Raw stock August 25, Niagara-on-the-lake

No comments:

Post a Comment