Thursday, June 28, 2012

Perfect for the Cookie Monster in Me!

I just had one of those days, where all I wanted is chocolate and cookies!

Not wanting to break into my husbands stash of baked cookies I made my own raw version.  I didn't have raw chocolate chips handy so I folded and used the commercial ones that I had in the house.  I will have to find a raw chocolate chip version in the future or I may just have to make my own!

Unleash the cookie monster in you and enjoy one of these cookies!

From my raw food kitchen to yours,
Have a great long weekend everyone!

~Fortunata
The Raw Food Yogini



Raw Chocolate Chip Cookies

Use raw chocolate chips if you can find them, if not just use the regular dark chocolate ones you can find in any local grocery store.

1/3 cup raw almonds
1/3 cup raw pecans
1/3 cup raw hazelnuts
1/3 cup shredded coconut
2 tsp vanilla
3 tsp coconut butter
6-8 medjool dates
1/3 cup chocolate chips
Put all ingredients in a food processor except chocolate chips and process until crumbs can be pressed into a ball.
Transfer crumbs into a bowl and chocolate chips, mix and then press into cookie shape of your choice.
Place on dehydrator sheet and dehydrate 2 hours @ 140 degrees followed by an additional 3 hours at 115 degrees. 
Cookies are ready when they appear dry on the outside.  Store in a dry cool place or fridge!

Raw Food Yogini's Chocolate Chip Cookies


No comments:

Post a Comment