Monday, June 18, 2012

Pretty & Pink-Beet Pineapple Juice or Smoothie-You choose

Love summer time and the freshness of produce in our grocery stores.  I try to buy organic as much as I can and love how easier it has become to find organic in local regular markets as well as health food stores!

This morning I picked up some beets along with the greens.  I just had a craving for some beet juice in my smoothy this morning.  I love beets they are sweet and earthy tasting to me and they add so much colour to anything you add them in to.

Initially I thought of juicing the beets and the greens but then I had second thoughts.  I would use the beets themselves in a beet hummus or add them to my salad and just use the stems for juice.  Feeling a bit lazy to juice I decided to whip my morning drink in my vitamix instead and take advantage of all that goodness in the entire stem instead of just the juice!

Here is my Pretty & Pink Beet Pineapple Smoothy Recipe

2 cup fresh pineapple
1 cup fresh beet stocks cut into 1 inch pieces
1 cup water
1 tbsp hemp seeds
Ice (as much as you like)

Place all ingredients in a vitamix and blend till smooth.

Pour into a nice long glass and enjoy!

If you want a refreshing drink instead of a smoothy, place all ingredients into a juicer (except the ice and hemp seeds), juice and ice and enjoy as a cocktail style drink!

Namaste


No comments:

Post a Comment