Friday, June 1, 2012

Good Golly Miss Molly-It's Already Friday!

I have no idea where the time has gone.  Time seems to be flying by this week.

Started off the week preparing a batch of raw sunflower bread for a friend, and prepping a lot of salad greens to have ready and on hand throughout the week so I wouldn't be tempted to indulge on things that I really shouldn't be and just in a blink it's Friday!

Not any Friday but Totally Raw Friday and today in the Raw Food Yogini's Kitchen we will be serving:

Green Berry Bliss Smoothie

1 cup fresh or frozen berries
1-2 handfuls organic spinach
1 cup vanilla almond milk
1 tbsp chia seeds (presoaked, makes them easier to blend)
1 tbsp coconut oil or butter
1 tsp or more vibrant greens
want an added energy boost?  add 1 tsp of ground maca root.


Traditional Italian Cucumber and Tomato Salad
~This my most favourite salad, reminds me of summer days at my parents farm!


2-3 plum tomatos
1/2 english cucumber
2-4 chopped green onions
2 tbsp EVOO
1 large pinch of dried oregano
Salt to taste

Optional: Add a few kalamata olives or other olives of your choice...now you are moving it more towards being a greek salad!

Toss, let stand for a few minutes to allow juices to flow and flavours to blend, then enjoy!



Wild Mushroom Nut Burgers with large tossed green salad

~Haven't come up with a recipe yet for the wild mushroom nut burgers but I'm sure it will be good.

Off to my raw food lab, I mean kitchen, to develop a protocol, I mean recipe! ;)

Have a Totally Raw Friday Everyone!!!












No comments:

Post a Comment