Sunday, January 27, 2013

Gearing up For my 2nd Annual 28 Days of Total Raw


February, one of the coldest month of the year here in southern Ontario and one of the hardest I find to get through.  Only 28 days but it seems like it so much l-o-n-g-e-r as we wait for the arrival of March and warmer weather.


28 Days in February

28 Days of Total Raw

28 Days of Self Discovery!


Questions that I get asked about my personal challenges of eating more raw:

When I first started eating raw, I challenged myself to eat raw fruits and vegetables at every meal, regardless of the meal as a means to eat more veggies and eat more healthy.  Before I knew it most of the items on my plate were raw.  I kept at it until, much to my surprise, my breakfast, lunch and snacks throughout most days were all raw.  Diner was contained both raw and cooked items to satisfy my cravings and also my families wants and needs.

My conclusions from last year's 28 Days of Total Raw last February and August still hold true today as my diet continues to be 80% raw 95% of the time.


Why go 100% raw for 28 Days?

Good question and one that I get asked a lot.  Did I say "a lot"?

You see it's not all about eating raw and whether I can do it or not.  It is about gaining a true understanding of Self and where I'm at on my personal journey to achieving balance.


Whats to gain?
Another good question!

When we are challenged regardless of what that challenge is, we can decide to resist and push back without being aware of this.  Creating tension, stress and anxiety (Believe me, been there, done that, and got the t-shirt, a gold medal too!), or we can accept it, surrender to the task at hand and create the balance necessary to move through it with ease. So ultimately you are gaining a better understanding of you and what balance looks and feels like.

Lets face it life is full of challenges that periodically throw us off balance and how we deal with them will ultimately determine the outcome.  Therefore, a small challenge, like going from 80% to 100% raw, teaches me, how I'm dealing with change and challenge.  It allows me to look at how change affects my interaction in the world, and what if any affects does it have towards achieving my personal goals.

Want to join me, then take my 28 day Green Smoothie challenge?

Enjoy a green smoothie every day for 28 days.  Post your recipe on my Facebook page and share it with others so that they can enjoy it as well.  I'll be right there with you as I too will be enjoying a green smoothie every day for 28 days of Total Raw.

Namaste

Keep rawk'n it out in your kitchen.
Fortunata
The Raw Food Yogini

Visit my Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/RawFoodYogini.
 If you like it don't forget to share it! 






No comments:

Post a Comment