Friday, January 18, 2013

Thai Young Coconuts! Wahoo


It's Friday and my day to play in my raw food kitchen.  I can't believe our local small grocery store is going to have thai young coconuts in this week.  3 guesses where I'm going today?  I wonder if they will sell me a case? He he he he.

I think I freak the produce guy out every time I go in there to pick up exotic fruits and veggies that no one else seems to know what they are and how to enjoy them.

For example persimmons...couldn't find them anywhere so when I asked him where could I find them. His response, "no one around here knows that they are so we just leave them in the refrigerator."

Really....come on...if you leave them where no one will see them, then they will really never know what they are and how good they taste.

I'm dreaming of coconut chia pudding, coconut smoothies, coconut manicotti wraps, macaroons.....

Gotta run!

Check back later I'll be posting a recipe for an almost raw roasted red pepper soup, perfect for a cold winters day.

Keep rawk'n it out in your kitchen!
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment