Monday, January 14, 2013

Top 3 Questions I Get Asked on a Regular Basis

Meals have been light since my cleanse last week and  I'm just starting to incorporate some cooked food back into my diet.  Mostly lentils and beans, quinoa, and such.   Although I do go 100% raw during cleanses and a few times of  the year, I do follow an 80% raw diet most of the time.  That is something that I find personally works for me.  Everyone of us is different and understanding what works for you is key in any type of lifestyle you choose.  

I thought today I would address my top 3 most asked questions about eating raw.

Q. Don't you feel hungry during a cleanse or eating raw?
A. Plain and simple the answer is no.  I think a lot of people associate cleanses with not eating at all and just consuming large amounts of liquids.  The 3 day cleanses that I do every season consist of eating clean.  Lots of fruits and vegetables throughout the day in smoothies, in salads, and in juices.  Handful of nuts and seeds (pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and walnuts in particular are my favourites) throughout the day as well or when needed.  I eat till I'm satisfied and if I am planning to be very active on a particular day then I take fruit, nuts and seeds with me to satisfy my energy needs.

Q. Where are you getting your proteins from?
A.  Leafy greens such as kale and spinach are rich protein sources, I do eat a lot of both.  Other veggies high on the protein scale are beets, broccoli sprouts, as well as nuts and seeds.  Fruits such as avocados, dried apricots, dried figs are good too.  Hemp hearts, chia seeds, make their way into my day as well, which are great sources of protein and omega-3s. Quinoa, beans and lentils all good sources of protein as well.

More information on protein content can be found on the USDA website or at this link: http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/Data/SR17/wtrank/sr17a203.pdf

Q. Do you take a multivitamin?
A. I do take a multivitamin at times to ensure I am getting everything my body requires for good health.   Especially during the winter months.

Hope this information helps anyone who is considering adding more raw into their day!

Happy Monday everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment