Friday, August 10, 2012

Day 10 of 31 Days of Total Rawness

It's raining again here and that is not going to dampen my spirits!

Did I mention I like rainy days?  I think I did yesterday, didn't I?  I just love how things just seem to slow down for me on a rainy day.

I'm so excited to tell you about a new cookie recipe that I developed yesterday.  Not sure what to call these cookies yet but they are delicious.

Made with raw cashews and macadamia nuts, fresh sweet pineapple and coconut these will be great with a cup of tea while enjoying a good book on a rainy day, just like today.

No photos yet as they are still in the dehydrator.  I'm trying to achieve a crisp cookie texture so more dehydration time is required.  Taking a small piece of my sample cookie at the front of the dehydrator, I was pleasantly surprised at the burst of sweet pineapple flavour.  So light tasting and I love the creaminess from the combination of macadamia and cashew nuts.  Not overly sweet but sweet enough to tame the cookie monster in me!  P-E-R-F-E-C-T!

This recipe is definitely a keeper!

I'll post a photo once they come out of the dehydrator.  Stay posted!!

Have a great Friday everyone!








No comments:

Post a Comment