Thursday, August 2, 2012

Day 2 of 31 Days of Total Rawness

I'm still on a high note from yesterday.

Noticing that when waking up early and going to bed late it is of utmost importance to space out meals and snacks so that I eat every couple of hours.

Today in my raw food kitchen I'm going to make a few batches of my raw crackers so that when the munchies do set in I'll have something available to satisfy any hunger pangs.  I love my raw crackers, unlike the baked variety a few will do.  Spread on some cashew cream cheese or some guacamole and voila.  They are great for road trips as well or when I know I'm going to be away from home for the day.  Great snack food along with a fruit or two.

Hmmm, since the dehydrator will be on I might as well make a batch of raw chocolate chip cookies as well.  You know for those times when you just need to have a cookie with your cup of tea! ;)

Off I go with my strawberry banana smoothie in hand to get going on my raw sprouted buckwheat crackers!  and the cookies of course!

Strawberry Banana Smoothie

1/2 frozen banana
1/2 cup frozen strawberries
1 cup of almond milk
1 splash of vanilla
1/2 scoop of green vibrance
a few ice cubes

Place all ingredients in a high speed blender and whirl until smooth and creamy!

Yum

No comments:

Post a Comment