Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Day 8 of 31 Days of Total Rawness

Busy morning and early afternoon so I'm keeping it light today.

Just got back from visiting my parents who live in the city.  My mom has an amazing garden growing this year.  Came back with a basket full of various varieties of tomatoes and a small basket full of fresh basil.

Over the next couple of days I'll be dehydrating the tomatoes so that we can enjoy them over the winter months. Since it is still early and there will be more coming, I will be making a pesto with the basil and storing it in the freezer.  Quick and easy to use during the winter months as well.

No new recipes today, I'm going to be enjoying what is left of my sprouted quinoa salad and my maple sausage rounds that I made and dehydrated yesterday.

By the way the sausage rounds turned out okay, just in case you were wondering.  Before I share that recipe with you I'll have to optimize it a bit.  I think I added too much cumin for my liking!  They are good thought and with a drizzle of maple syrup, I sure can't complain.  ;o)




No comments:

Post a Comment