Sunday, August 5, 2012

Day 5 or 31 Days of Total Rawness

Sunday and I'm taking a day off.

No teaching
No cooking...he he he  I mean prep work (no cooking when eating 100% raw)

Just relaxing and enjoying the day with easy meals and watching some great tennis.  That is if it doesn't rain.

Easy meals today like raw sprouted buckwheat granola, home made raw crackers topped with slices of veggies or hummus, lots of fruit and lots of raw fresh veggies and of course raw snacks (my raw kale chips and raw trail mix).  Yup it's going to be a relaxing day.

Below I would like to share with you my recipe for last nights stuffed peppers.

Raw Stuffed Pepper


Raw Sprouted Quinoa and Zucchini Stuffed Peppers 

2 small sweet bell peppers (colour of your choice)
1 zucchini (cubed)
1/2 cup soaked and peeled almonds (chopped)
1/2 chilli pepper (I use jalapeño in most of my recipes)
1/2 cup sprouted quinoa
1 tsp pumpkin seed oil
Salt to taste

Marinate peppers with tamari for several hours at room temperature to soften.
If sprouted quinoa is dry, soak for a warm water to soften
Place all other ingredients in a bowl, salt to taste and let marinate for 30 minutes until ready to assemble.

Remove peppers from marinade, mix quinoa into veggie mix, stuff peppers and enjoy!

Delicious!




No comments:

Post a Comment