Saturday, February 11, 2012

Day 10 of 28 Days of Raw - hmmm what do I feel like eating?

Here we are at Day 10.  When I took on this personal challenge I really didn't think it was going to be easy, not the eating 100% raw but what to eat and not get bored with the food.

This morning I really had no idea what the menu plan for today would be.  Instead of fretting over what the heck to make I just let the day unfold as it wanted to and I knew that I would come up with something.

During my last yoga class for the day I got this craving, not even sure if I can call it a craving, but I thought of coconuts.  I wanted something that was creamy and made with coconut milk.  Okay, that description can only be one thing for me, Thai coconut curry!  I could easily make a raw coconut curry sauce and pour it onto some kelp noodles, but that wasn't fitting the bill.  So I went exploring in the produce section in my local grocery store for some inspiration and picked up as many fresh organic vegetables that called to me.

My mouth was salivating just thinking of diner.  I was no where near home and getting pretty hungry since it was already way past lunch time.  No way could I have this for lunch, so when I got home I whipped up a large salad and sat down and enjoyed every bite.  Then headed into the kitchen to experiment making a great raw coconut vegetable curry.

The result was just as good as the cooked version!


Todays raw menu:

B: Sweet raw breakfast bread with almond butter.
L: Large field green salad with olives, grape tomatoes,  a few pine nuts, walnuts, hemp seeds, sunflower seeds and a lemon-olive oil dressing.
D: Spicy Thai coconut vegetable curry on a bed of jicama-cashew rice.

Not too many snacks today...just a banana!  :0)



Spicy Raw Thai Vegetable Curry
and
Jicama-Cashew Rice












No comments:

Post a Comment