Sunday, February 12, 2012

Day 11 of 28 Days of Raw - A day for me!

Sunday is my non-teaching day.  I love my Sundays.  I enjoy getting together with a couple of friends to head down to a yoga studio where no one knows me as a yoga teacher.  It gives me the opportunity to really be a student and to bring my awareness inward to connect with my thoughts and to the quiet whispers within my body.

Well, so much for that!  Todays yoga teacher constantly chattered throughout the class.  I really don't think there was a good 30 seconds of silence in the class to be had until the end of class when he left us there in savasana as he left the room.   One good thing, it really did show me that it sometimes takes a lot of effort to stay on my mat both physically and mentally!  LOL

Note to self: don't critique the latest block buster movie I saw Friday night while teaching class!  ;)


Today's raw food menu:

B: Sliced banana drizzled with a spoonful of almond butter

Apre yoga treat: Super fruit smoothy

L: As we were on the go I picked up Thai vegetable wraps with a chilli dipping sauce at Whole Foods.  Don't think the dipping sauce was raw but you I'll take it as it was the best I could do in a food court that is full of cooked food unless you want a salad.

D: mmm left overs!  Spicy raw coconut curry vegetables on jicama-cashew rice!

After noon snack: 4 dried figs stuffed with walnuts!  A great energy booster!

No comments:

Post a Comment