Thursday, February 9, 2012

Day 8 of 28 Days of Raw

As you already have read, energy, energy and more energy is what I am experiencing being on a 100% raw diet for 8 days now.

After a long day of teaching yoga, doing chores and running around all over the place I'm usually pooped and ready to hit the sac by 10 p.m.  Last night I couldn't believe how awake I felt and that I still had enough energy to want to get up and do something else.  Of course I didn't do that, get up that is, I just closed my eyes and focused on my thoughts till sleep settled in.

After another amazing nights sleep, I woke up ready to go.  Again not feeling hungry at all but having energy to get going, getting a fire on to keep the house warm, tidying up, and experimenting in my raw food kitchen.

Inspired by the smoothy I had yesterday I felt like I could do with another to have while I played around in the kitchen with new recipes and what I would like for lunch and diner today.

Here is what is un-cooking in my kitchen today:

B: Superfruit Smoothy
L: Raw beet hummus on sprouted quinoa
D: Nori rolls with jicama/cashew rice and wasabi-ginger dipping sauce.


Superfruit Smoothy
In a high speed blender add the following:

1 handful of organic kale
1/2 cup of organic frozen super fruit blend containing blueberries, blackberries, and dark sweet cherries
1/2-1 tsp chopped ginger
2 C almond mylk

For an added energy boost add some maca powder (optional of course)

Blend until smooth and enjoy!  


Raw Beet Hummus
In a high speed blender add the following:

1 cubed medium organic beet (approximately 1.5 cups)
1 clove garlic
1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
2 heaping tablespoons of organic raw tahini

Pulse until smooth adding filtered water as required.  Do not add water until required or else it will come out a bit soupy just like mine did today.  

Raw Beet Hummus on Sprouted Quinoa


Nori Rolls
Jicama/cashew nut rice:
3 cups jicama, 1 cup cashews, 1/4 tsp Himalayan salt, 1/2 tsp fresh ginger pulsed in a food processor until rice like consistency.  Try not to overdo or else it turns into mush.

Rolls:
Using raw nori add the following: 
Jicama/cashew nut rice
sliced avacado
diced carrots
diced mushrooms (any variety)

Dippin sauce: 
no exact measurements for this one folks just add the following ingredients in a bowl and taste test until your taste rejoice!

Tamari
grated ginger 
Wasabi to taste

Roll, cut, and enjoy!

Nori Rolls















No comments:

Post a Comment