Monday, February 6, 2012

Day 5 of 28 Days of Raw

Day 5, another great night sleep even though it was interrupted by my little dog Ella who wanted to get down off the bed and roam through the house at 3 a.m.

Woke up a few hours before I had to head out to teach a couple of hot yoga classes.  Was pleasantly surprised to how wide awake I felt and ready for another a day.

So today I'm looking to changing things up a bit with some of my raw food recipes.  Headed out between my yoga classes to the grocery store to pick up some goodies for tonights diner.

Fresh Cilantro
Jicama
Arugala

Now what to make.  I picked up some sprouted rice a couple of weeks ago, so maybe I'll try and make a nice salad of jicama, soaked sprouted rice, assortment of organic chopped veggies,  arugala and a heaping handful of chopped cilantro.

I might have to come up with a new salad dressing recipe that will complement all the flavours!  That is what I love about my raw food kitchen, you never know what you will come up with!

On todays menu:

B: A big bowl of mixed fruit, chopped nuts, chia seeds, topped with some almond butter
L: Green smoothy made with mixed berries, greens and almond mylk
D: Jicama Salad Surprise!

Have a great Monday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment