Sunday, February 19, 2012

Day 18 of 28 Days of Raw - Friends Day!

As I mentioned last Sunday, Sunday mornings it's all about me and doing something special with my gal pals.

This Sunday we opted to stay local and enjoy the beautiful sunny day to hike around town.  It was great running into people we knew as they did their morning run.

After our walk we headed over to our favourite cafe for a hot beverage, which of course is not technically raw.  But it sure hit the spot and yes, I did forgive myself for having it!

Again today, keeping it very simple in my raw food kitchen.  I like keeping it simple, means no heavy prepping and giving myself permission to take fly by the seat of my pants when putting a meal together.  Thank goodness that I took a Raw Chef Course because following a recipe from some of my un-cooking books can be very time consuming.

So if you are planning to add more raw food in your diet here are my three recommendations:

1. Keep it simple
2. Be spontaneous and use fresh fruits and vegetables that you have never eaten before
3. Don't be afraid to experiment with flavours

Today in my raw food kitchen:
B: Chocolate buckwheat granola with chopped almonds a few raisins and vanilla almond milk.
L: Huge organic field green salad, with chopped green onions, Kalamata olives, grape tomatoes, cucumber, with a sprinkle of pine nuts and sunflower seeds.
D: Marinated raw thin slices of asparagus, zucchini and eggplant on a bed of jicama cashew rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment